Monday, August 20, 2007

Seeking: 'Ricky Martin-like Tenor'


Irashaimasu (ee-ra-sha-ee-mas)! Welcome! I am starting this new blog to keep record of my experience in Japan and to keep everyone posted on what I am up to since calling won't be the easiest. Hope you enjoy it and hope you try to keep in touch with me.

It's finally happening. I am turning Japanese! lol. I am going to Tokyo to perform for The Mouse. I am excited. This is such a tremendous oportunity to travel and learn about another culture. Oh, and to be able to perform is always a blessing. For those who don't know I was conracted for 7 months to be a principal singer in a theatre show called "Minnie, Oh! Minnie" at the Tokyo Disneyland Resort(TDR) It's a latin style show showcaseing Minnie Mouse. It's a 30 minute show that I think I will do 5X/day. I host/sing the whole show along with my famle Japanese counter part. It should be a high energy and fun show for kids and adults alike. Here is little random fact about the [art I learned before I auditioned. I had laugh a little when I saw the breakdown for the role. The breakdown for the part said, "Seeking for a Ricky Martin-like Tenor that can move and sing in spanish." Aparently, I am the Ricky Martin they were looking for:) I can't wait to shake my "Bon-Bon"

I have been waiting for a long time to leave for this contract. I auditioned for them in the beginning of April and heard a week later that I got the part. September 2nd is the day i leave on a 13/14 hour flight to Tokyo, Japan. I don't think I have ever sat for that long EVER. I might go a little insane on this flight. Lord help me! Anyway, this is going to be fun. I already know a performer out there. So that should make my transition to all this alot easier. One thing I am going to miss is NYC! I really do love all my peeps there, my apartment, my ward(church congregation), and that pizza place by my house. Speaking of food. I hear the food in Japan is amazing. I am excited to try some new things. Raw fish is going to be hard for me. I sure hope they have Claifornia Rolls in Tokyo. That's pretty much all the sushi I can handle oh and I do like shrimp tempura rolls. YUM! I hear sushi is not all they have over there. Thank goodness. I do love me some noodles and rice! Well, I'll be back eating NY pizza in no time.

I will miss you all like crazy. Please keep in touch and I will try to do the same with these blogs, pictures, emails, IM and occasional phone calls. Much Love!

As a sign off I want to ask a question and if you have time to answer it I would love to hear some of your silly answers :)

If YOU were made into a SUSHI ROLL what would it be named and what would go in it?

8 comments:

Tony said...

I think I would be a "Spicy Latin Roll" and inside would be Marinated Steak Strips, Rice and Beans, wrapped in a banana leaf. Ay! Ay!

becca said...

yesss. linked you already.

WhiteEyebrows said...

Toe-knee

I am so freaking excited for your new adventure! I don't see myself getting to Japan in the next several months, but I would if I could!

Hmm... in response to the question, of course it would have to be called "WhiteEyebrows Roll". It would be a little different looking, but delightful to eat or just to simply be around. In fact, people might just order them, take them home, and just sit by them for hours on end: listening to their every bit of sage wisdom and understanding. I think the base ingredient would have to be... umm... chocolate chip cookies. Cause let's be honest... who hates the taste of a perfectly baked chocolate chip cookie?!

Good luck my friend. Be good and keep in touch. I will check your new blog religiously.

PS > I just started my own random blog at http://www.whiteeyebrows.com/.

malia said...

Tony!

I am so excited for you and excited to see that you are going to be blogging your adventures. That way we can keep up on all of the fun things that you are going to be doing. Love how you superimposed your image onto Mickey. Very creative! Anyway, take care and have so much fun! Miss you already!

Love,
Malia

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

If I were a sushi roll..... ohhhh, that's a hard question, because I really like sushi. It would have avocado in it, and rice, of course, and shrimp, because i like it, and because i'm little. then it would be wrapped in the traditional seaweed. i think that would be delicious. or weird, but who cares, I'm a little weird myself.

Anonymous said...

إليكم بعض النقاط لطيف هناك. قمت بالبحث في الموضوع وجدت الناس أساسا لن تقبل مع بلوق الخاص بك.

Anonymous said...

交配。此博客是惊人的。我怎样才能使它看起来这个好吃吗?

Anonymous said...

Nice post. Thanks.