Monday, July 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Alyssa

So I'm on my way to Miami. Literally! I am using the internet in the SKY. Should land a little over an hour now. YAY! It better be nice there. I want to get a fierce TAN when I get back to the city.

I closed A Chorus Line yesterday. It was amazing. I was also blessed to have my best friend Kelli and her boyfriend Sandy drive up from Manhattan to see the show and drive me back home. It was so fun having them and the road trip back to the city was so much fun. It was sad closing the show. I really loved my experience there. During the last song, "What I Did For Love" I was bawling. Mostly because I sure do love what I do and if God forbid of anything happens to me that happens to my Character Paul in the show I would be devastated. Paul falls during a tap combination and hurts himself really bad and doesn't get the job in the end. Not sure what I would do if I couldn't dance again. Sure, I have some ideas but for now I love performing and I want to keep doing it. Another reason why I was probably crying was because I am officially unemployed again. UGHH! I don't know what the future has instore for me but I still have faith in that its going to be good. I have to get a job when I get back and hope and pray I audition for something good and get it. Back to the grind as we say. But enough of that....

I am going HOME to MIAMI! I am so excited. My niece Alyssa is turning 8 and is getting baptized tonight. I am so happy and proud of her. She is such a sweet and kind soul. I was asked to sing at the baptized. I am so privileged to be there. And blessed that I even got a flight that gets there just in time since my original flight was canceled this morning. I'll barely make it but it should work out fine. My beautiful niece Alyssa last year on her 7th Birthday!

I also can't wait to want to relax, have some family time, tan, and eat some yummy food. Should be fun!

Alright signing off from the internet from the Sky

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Congrats on closing another great show! Another job will come your way! Have fun in Miami, and soak in some tan for me (since we both know I'm completely incapable of getting a tan)!!