Wednesday, December 12, 2007

One Man's Stalking

Have you ever had a stalker? Not a good feeling. I don't think I necessarily have a stalker just fans that like to follow. I went to Disneyland yesterday with some people in my cast. One singer and one of the girls who plays Minnie Mouse. While we got out of watching out show. There was a couple of out fans. One of the them had his camera out and taking pictures as if he were the paparazzi and I Britney Spears. I waved hi and then moved on. Eri, one of the my girl singers was telling me to walk fast to get away from those crazy fans. When we thought we lost them. There were a couple who came up to Eri and started to talk to her. She kindly waved and kept going. During lunch. Someone in our group spotted some more of our fans watching us eat. I was laughing so hard. After lunch we walked out and there they were just staring and waving. I didn't want to be rude but I also didn't want them to keep following us. So I waved back and smiled. Then I heard one of the girls scream "I LOVE YOU!" as she giggled and covered her mouth. It was like I was Micheal Jackson after a concert. I might be exaggerating a little but they were real and they were following me. After that I think we lost them but all day we encountered people who recognized us. They would stare, smile and giggle to get my attention.

I thought I didn't have any fans and I thought these "crazy fans" I heard about didn't really exist. But they do. It was fun and harmless but just a little creepy. I've heard some stories that are pretty hilarious. Like one fan pulling a performer into a subway car and telling him to go with her. Another fan driving a performer home every night. Some even like to give expensive gifts and take out to elaborate dinners. Now, those are the fans I want! lol!

2 comments:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Tony, I have a confession. I am a HUGE fan of yours. Renny Richmond and I were just talking about you the other day...we both concurred that you are worth fanning. Bring on the expensive gifts, chauffeuring, and food I say! Make sure they let you pee in private. Right now, most of my fans are little boys whose dreams get crushed right before their very eyes once they meet me and find out that Peter Pan is really an old woman!

WhiteEyebrows said...

Reminds me of the mission in Brazil. Getting cat calls in english from the street was always a little disconcerting. How do you deal with your crazed fans? Do you know how to say "I don't speak japanese"? Do you know how to say "no pictures, please?"

The US misses you.