Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Be Our Guest but......


So the happiest place on earth is not so happy. The residents of E-Villahe(where all foreigner performers live) received a letter in our mailboxes the other day explaining a new policy in which we are not going to be able to have any overnight guests taken effect on April 1st. Everyone freaked out with this news and are NOT HAPPY. I didn't really care cause I haven't anyone visit me and I don't think I will and I leave Aoril 3rd so it doean't concern me. But there are many staying and doing another contract and new guys who don't find this very reasonable. So we had a meeting here and signed a petition to have the policy lifted. We talked about if our petition doesn't go through that we are talking about a STRIKE or all call in SICK one day. Doing that will cause HELL. Disney would have to shut down and they will loose alot of money. Not only that but the press will get of hold of this and will be very bad press for Disney. I don't think it will go that far. I am hopeing they will listen to our concerns and change the policy back to what is was letting anyone stay overnight if they sign in with a proper ID. We will see what happens. The petition is going to the office in a couple of days. I love the drama. A little piece of me wants to do a STRIKE and see how much press it gets. I will stand in front of Disney with a sign that says: "Be Our Guest. Be Our Guest...but you can't stay overnight!"

So the other day there was the first snow here in Disney. It was really pretty and snowed all day. So that equals NO WORK! So needless to say that for this time only in my life I welcome the snow to drop.









2 comments:

malia said...

i LOVE strikes! i love it when the people come together for a united purpose. that is awesome! i kind of secretly hope that you will all have to strike too, but either way i just hope that it gets resolved. glad that the snow gets you off the hook...it certainly doesn't do the same for us here. :) but we have been lucky...no snow (knock on wood). and yay! you are coming home soon.

Lisanne Lee said...

Tony!!! Antonio!! How are you??? Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry I haven't replied back yet. I've just been a nightmare lately. You're comment on our blog meant so much to both Jeff and I. It takes Jeff right back to Geneva whenever he hears from fellow French speakers. You look like you're having the time of your life! What an adventure. Of course you make the most of everything. Keep me posted on how you're doing and your most recent successes.

Best and our love,

Lisanne, Jeff and baby cha cha.

PS-I'm also obsessed with the campaign!