Saturday, February 2, 2008

Change is Gonna Come


I am comletely obsessed with the Prsidential Elections. CNN is the culprit because it is the only English speaking channel I get in my apartment so it is on all the time. I usually have it on in the background while I get ready in the morning for work and have breakfast and on when I get home while making dinner and while checking my email.

This year's election is so much more interesting than any others in the past. I wish I was in the states so that I can vote and fel more part of it. But I am not and I will support whoever is right for the job in my mind when I get back. I do like Mitt Romney and being Mormon I feel it is my right to back him and give him my vote. But I am more interested in the change Obama and Clinton are offering and campaining with. We are making history and we are all part of it. There might be a woman or a black man for president. Whaaat! I don't think when I was in High shcool I even imagine that would happen in my life time. Wow, I sounded old saying that geesh! I do think it is really awesome. What I hope for is that there are real changes in our country and that we can feel more at ease living in our own country. Some of the issues that I am interested in; The Economy and Health Care. I feel like those 2 things directly effect me. I don't have issurance and because I can't afford it. I think that is very important among the other million things that our country needs like the war in Iraq, Taxes, making college more affordable...the list goes on and on. Let there be change. I usually vote republican but I think I will back a democrat this year. I am not going to disclose who I would vote for but I do have a front runner in mind that I will gladly stand by.

Well, Life here in Tokyo is good. It is still really cold and I stay in doors as much as I can wich is a tad depressing. So needless to say I have spent alot of money to entertain myself so that I don't go completely insane with the same boring routine. I have been taking some dance classes, working out more, reading more, and tyring to really take advantage of visiting all the cool diffrent parts of Tokyo. 2 months left! CRAZY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

come home! i miss you.

alessia