Thursday, July 2, 2009

To Run or Not To Run?

I'm planning my 2 week vacation and in the first week I am going to Pamplona. I just got a bus ticket to Pamplona for the Running of the Bulls Festival. Since there is really no place to stay, I am leaving the night of the 7th with others from my cast and meeting a friend from the states there and staying up all night long until the running starts around 8am. Then leave that same day at 4pm. It's going to be a very very long day.

BUT the question is...should I run WITH the bulls or just watch on the side. Every year between 200 and 300 people are injured during the run although most injuries are contusions due to falls. The last death was in 2003 from a head wound from falling down but the last death directly from a bull was a 22 year old American who was gutted in 1995. OUCH!

I think I might just stand on the side and take pictures or maybe run BEHIND the bulls. lol. We will see. Should be an interesting experience.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This would be the typical scenario for an American tragedy and I don't want any part of it.

Do Not Attempt It!

Stay far away to take pics. I don't want you anywhere near the Bulls. You have always adhered to my advice don't stop now. My advice has never "steered" you wrong.
Your Sis,
Yoli

~*Alina*~ said...

NO. NO. NO. You have Broadway shows to be in. I can get you an audition for The Spiderman Musical if you want. But that is besides the point. Don't run. Not a good idea.

chloe said...

Whatever. Just do it! I did...and I still love that I can tell people I did it. Just don't try and get super close to them.