Monday, January 28, 2008

In Memoriam of...



Gordon B. Hinckley President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints died Sunday night March 27th 2008. He was 97. As everyone knows that I am Mormon. He was our President/Prophet since 1995. He was the only President I have known since I joined the church. He was a good man and always spoke with overwhelming conviction. He meant alot to me. He was the one that got me on a mission through a talk he gave about a year before I turned 18. I remember reading many books by him especially Standing for Something and Be Thou an Example. He had profound knowledge. His words helped me through many things in my life. One thing that I will remember about him was that he was always full of love and showed it to everyone. You can just feel it when he spoke. He has done alot for the Church. The many temples he had built is a testimony to that. I just wish I can be just a portion of the great man that he was. I believe he is up in heaven with his wife preaching the gospel like he did here on earth. The earth is a better place because he was in it. I will miss Gordon B. Hinckley.

For a full article on Gordon B. Hinckley's death visit: http://www.sltrib.com/ci_8095453

No comments: