Friday, December 4, 2009

Surprise Thanksgiving

Some of you might know and some of you might not. But I had Thanksgiving OFF from tour. Our kind producers surprised us a while back after a show and told us they will be sending us all HOME for Thanksgiving week since there were no shows scheduled. I have kept it a secret since then because I knew I wanted to SURPRISE my family. That's why I didn't make mention of it in the blog.

So the week of Thanksgiving I went to NYC for a day to take care of some business then I flew to MIAMI to see my family. The only family member who knew about was my 25 year old nephew Chad who was my accomplice. He picked me up from the airport and then we went to surprise the family starting with my older sister Betsy at work then my other sister Yolanda and her kids at home then lastly my mom and dad.

This visit was so much fun and was something I really needed. It was about a year and a half since the last time I saw them. Catching up and seeing my niece and nephews so grown was a treat. I mean my 12 year old nephew ANDREW has an iPhone. CRAZY! And Alyssa my niece is so beautiful and getting so big.

Here is a little movie I made form the footage and pictures of my visit. ENJOY!

Click on FULL SCREEN to see the whole screen.

DISCLAIMER: The individuals in this video were caught off guard and surprised. They may or may not have been looking their best or wearing appropriate attire. So, please excuse any offensive language, visuals or actions that may have occurred in this video. Thanks ;)

5 comments:

Tiff said...

Oh, TONY! My heartstrings!!!!

So sweet. So sweet.

*choked up*

WhiteEyebrows said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! I got a little misty eyed there Tony --- I'm so glad to see you got to come home for Thanksgiving. That was awesome of your producers to arrange. I'm so glad you had the camera rolling, too. It was incredible to see your family's reactions. I'm sure you had such a great time. Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!!!

Karene said...

haha, That was awesome! And you look exhausted! Poor jet-lagged guy!

Alisa said...

Oh...so sweet. And yes, it made me tear up, too. That is AWESOME that the company did that...just AWESOME! Hope it was a good trip!

The Boothes said...

Well I was going to say not to laugh that I cried but well it seems others did too!!