Monday, June 15, 2009

THE BOMB!

So like I said I have BAD and GOOD news. I wanted to wait for some things to blow over but I can't wait anymore. Here are the facts then I will share my feelings about this whole situation.

Facts:
Our latest Schedule that we have said we are performing in Basel, Switzerland until the end of November.

We knew there could be an extension until December 20th as far as we all thought and assumed cause what was said to us and what is in our contracts.

We all had assumed and was told to us that we would have at least that Christmas and New Year's off and then re start the 2nd leg Jan 10th if they booked us more venues to perform in if not we would resume whenever they had stuff which right now is I think is in April.

Anyway, so here is the bomb! THE GOOD/BAD NEWS. One day after one of our shows in Saarlouis where we were doing our previews the BIG producers guys come on stage and tell us they have extended the tour(with all good inentions and excitement)....YOU KNOW WHAT...I AM ADDING my feelings to this now. Sorry. I can't help it. So they say that "WE are extending!" In my mind and probably most of everyone else's mind I was thinking Decmeber 20th.....which we all thought was in our contracts and what was told to us multiple times. But they continue to tell us that they have booked us THROUGH Jan 10th 2010! It was so awkward when they dropped that bomb because then our Director moved in and said that this means we get a shorter break and only have maybe a week off for Christmas but as soon as he said THAT the Producers corrected him quickly and said NO there will be NO break. My face dropped. I was like WHOA! I mean they were really excited and don't get me wrong. It's WORK. And they booked us in some really good venues with really AWESOME promotors. But I was shocked cause I thought it was a for sure thing that we were going to be done at least by December 20th for the 1st leg then reassune some time in 2010 probably Jan 10th. But that is NOT the case.

Sorry I hope this is making sense. I am just now letting it all out on "paper." So the deal is that after Basel, Swizerland they booked us in Bremem, Germany until December 13th then off to Scheveningen which is in the Netherlands until Jan 10th. So I won't see my family for Christmas yet AGAIN! BOO! I am really sad about this. And guess what...if that isn't sad enough we get to do 2 shows on CHRISTMAS. Ughhh! I am just venting and this in no way really shows my feelings towards any of the people in managment or producers of the tour or otherwise. Its jsut a frustration and a dissapointment with some confusion.

I will miss Christmas and New Years with my family and close friends. So there you GO! Now, for a more positve note. I will have WORK until then. YEAH! So that means money will be coming in. I can't complain about that and apparently these 2 extra cities are really neat. I belive one of them is a resort town that is really cool. Even though I am grateful for the work I am really sad that I don't get a break and not sure if I WILL until May.

So here is the deal with all this. We are in the middle of getting some answers on how this is all going to work out with contract stuff because of what was written and what was said. I do believe that in our conracts it says that they have the right to extend any dates with a 2 week notice or something. Anyway, the details aren't terribly clear on that so when we get more answers I will let you know and how that effects us. I just hope we are not being taken advantage of which I don't think is the case....but also that the communication between the producers and us the actors are MORE CLEAR. I hope more information comes soon about this. Our Copmany Managers appolgized on how the information came to us and said that we will be contacted about this with more details. I wait for that.

Anyway, so that is that. So if there is anyone wanting a Christmas vaction in the Netherlands I would love to have you. Oh THE BUSINESS!


3 comments:

WhiteEyebrows said...

argh! sounds like you need someone to visit you at christmas, then... :)

too bad you'll be in the freakin' NETHERLANDS!!! FRRRRRREEEEZZZZING!!!

~*Alina*~ said...

I'm sorry you wont be home for Christmas, but you're freakin Chino on the WSS tour... and that's a big deal! Maybe you can do a Christmas in July sort of thing? And maybe Berny Telsey will come see your show on Christmas Day? And cast you in the Spider Man musical or something... You never know.

malia said...

oh man! i'm sorry that you won't be able to come home for Christmas. That really stinks. But like you said, the money is coming in and this is part of the business. oh, and i hope that all of those contract details get worked out shortly.

love you!