Saturday, October 3, 2009

It's General Conference Weekend!

It's 179th Semiannual General Conference. Our church has a huge conference that is in Salt Lake City twice a year.

The First Presidency invites all members of the Church to participate or non-members alike by attending, viewing, or listening via television, radio, satellite, or Internet transmission at www.lds.org. Messages of inspiration and guidance will be delivered by the First Presidency, members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, and other General Authorities and general officers of the Church.

I find these weekends very uplifting and inspiring. I will be working all weekend but will try to read what the Brethren have to say to us at a later date.

I really love and appreciate what these inspired men and women have to say. I feel there is alot of negativity in the world and a lack of HOPE. Their words provoke hope and faith. I'm grateful for my knowledge of God and the healing power of Jesus Christ in my life. Though far far from perfect I do long to better myself and be a good example of Christianity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are getting a Temple in Ft. Lauderdale. Yahoo!
Your loving sister,
Yoli