Thursday, May 7, 2009

Casa Bonita!

So I went to the real love Casa Bonita yesterday and all I have to say is OH MY GOODNESS! This is place is so funny. At first look it, it seems like a Disneyland ride. Then you order your very disgusting food and then you just take in the ambiance. The waiter comes by if they see if you have your raised FLAG at your table then he gives you anything you need but more importantly he brings the unlimited Sopapillas which are BRILLIANTLY delicious. I might of had like 5 or 6. I needed it to cover up the horrible taco salad I got. Casa Bonita includes a rainforest/Mexican decor with live cliff divers paired with cheesy shows and a live Mariachi band. This place is huge with an arcade, stage with 30 min puppet shows, gift shop, caves to explorer, a man dressed in a Gorilla costume who we missed, people selling random carival type toys, and so much more. It was ADD Heaven for us theatre types. This place reminded me of a ghetto mix between The Mayan in Utah where they have live cliff drivers and The Rainforest Cafe. This is place to so famous that South Park made a whole episode of it.

Here is a clip from SOUTH PARK called "More Sopapillas, PLEASE!"

Click here for the whole episode


Elena pointing to CASA BONITA!
Kids in our show also in on the fun.
"EATSO much, PESO little" REALLY!?
Waiting in the DISNEYLAND type line to order
Stephen, Bob, Lori and AllanDaniel, Mario, Brooke, and MattyMichelle, ME, Rochelle, and Amber
Do you see the flag? lol!

3 comments:

becca said...

oh my gosh! i went there. it is craaazy. the sopapillas are so so delicioso though.

danniey said...

I love Casa Bonita! We used to go there all the time when my aunt lived in Denver. We would always dominate the karaoke that was downstairs.

CLARK JOHNSEN said...

I love casa bonita!!!